Recovery – Week 2
Well, today marks two weeks since I arrived here at Eating Recovery Center. I’m having a pretty good Monday, though I am a little tired. Today is Pajama Day (decided by the patients, not some cheesy thing forced on us), there seems to be about a 10% participation rate. I didn’t come in Pajamas but I think I may participate in Punk Rock Day tomorrow, we’ll see!
The routine here is basically as follows:
- Check-in, pee in a cup, get weighed, check vitals
- Group (Recovery Skills, Boundaries, etc.)
- Morning Snack
- Group (Body Awareness, Yoga, Psychodrama, etc.)
- Group (Process Group, Community)
- Transitions (First week group to help us settle in.)
- Group (Grief & Loss, Nutrition, Body Celebration, Spirituality, etc)
- Free Time (1 hour to do whatever we want)
So that’s basically my day. There are 10-15 minute breaks between each thing, but it’s a pretty busy day. Weekends are a little different, but same idea.
Today, Monday, started out great, but by the end of the day it kind of fell apart. We have one person leaving due to insurance issues, another leaving to go to inpatient, another leaving tomorrow because she’s ready (Yay!), and yet another leaving Wednesday who is not ready.
Having insurance/money come between someone and treatment for a serious illness infuriates me. To pretend that this country in any way has it’s priorities straight is such a joke.
Overall I am still feeling optimistic and positive about being at ERC, it was just an emotionally challenging second half of the day.
Well, it’s bedtime. Here comes Tuesday.